New minor release, changes:
- API_VERSION_MINOR now 2
- utf8kind, decode_modifiers (used for workarounds to LUA limitations regarding bitmasks and UTF-8).
- image_mask_toggle, allows a child (instance, or more likely, linked vid) to be clipped to the screen region of its’ parent.
- link_image (vid,vid) mostly working (remember to mask undesired inherited properties)
- set_image_as_frame, make a vid part of the rendering process of another (i.e. usable for animations) along with image_active_frame
- input(iotable) format changed somewhat (spelling error)
- command-line arguments are now mapped into the global table “arguments”
- keyconf.lua, lots of minor fixes and tweaks, incompatible with old <theme/keysym.lua> format (so delete before installing).
- ledconf.lua, configure LED controllers with the labels defined by keyconf.
- console.lua, added simple console (as tool for testing ideas)
- added support for some command-line arguments, for specifying # of players, override labellists etc. for the different – conf.
- added keyconf_mame exporter, default themes now export a mame default.cfg for joysticks and keyboard (no analog support currently).
- added a textfader support script (why will be more obvious later)
- Changed all trace-data to wrap around arcan_fatal(), arcan_warning(), which, on win32 map to a messageBox to help debugging.
- Added [themepath] as a metatag for target_arguments when launching.
- The debug flag (-g) rebases all vids to be random (to find cases where you’ve managed to hardcod VID values in themes), disables the “fail hard” on lua error messages and uses a constant seed (0xdeadbeef) for randomization.
- Minor stability / path fixes
- Remapped mame defaults to [themepath]/_mame, for keyconf_mame exporter, you need to rebuilddb for this to work.
(as usual, win32 people that lack working OpenAL (program will complain on openal32.dll or so), it can be found [HERE]
Short video-demo of how “long” it takes to install, config and run the included sample themes.