Win32 builds are up, as is a new retrocore package. BSD/Linux users will have to compile from source (the PPA is broken due to lack of working ffmpeg-1.2 PPAs), code can be found at: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/arcanfe/code/tags/0.3.0 or in the arcan-0.3.0-source.tgz file on the downloads page.
(Full changelog below)
- Remote Control / Secondary Display over network.
- Background Music support.
- Settings, Menus etc. rearranged and (hopefully) simplified.
- Built-in support for 2D upscalers (xBR, SABR, …).
- New cocktail-mode, slice vertical oriented image into two horiz. plane (think NDS on widescreen monitor).
- Vector mode split into separate glow and trail modes, with more options.
- State indicators added (emulator crash, lack of save state support).
- User confirmation before quitting targets without save state support.
- Core specific input helpers (for psx, bsnes, nxengine thus far).
- Background effects in grid view.
- Configurable sound-effect maps.
- Frame-skipping, alignment and sound buffering configuration options.
- Improved startup times.
- Layout Editor (customview, …) refactored, more type-specific options (font, color, …).
- Streaming added to recording options.
- First release, theme that combines layout editor with RTMP streaming (tested using twitch.tv)
- Multiple video input sources (combine emulators with several webcams) and mixing multiple audio sources
- Toggleable Debug- and Performance- graphing mode.
- More fine-grained audio / video synchronization options.
- Channel-swizzling in RGBx888 fixed.
- Networking client/server support (frameserver/frameserver_net*)
- Improvements to responsiveness; frame alignment vs. resource polling vs. yielding.
- Runtime theme switching.
- Improved / fixed font-caching.
- VIDs can now be flagged (with some restrictions) to persist through context stacks.
- Option to re-use VID for text rendering.
SHM-interface / Hijack Library
- Simplified API somewhat.
- Support for different hijacklibs based on target (datamodel change).
- Hijacking audio streams (SDL) for recording / monitoring.
- Crude X11/Wine support (video only for now, somewhat difficult to set-up).
Video encoder / decoder
- Major refactor to work with newer FFMpeg releases (1.2+, unfortunately breaks PPA builds)
- Streaming encoding profile added.
- More audio / video codec combinations supported with presets (H.264, …).
- Dropped support for older ffmpeg versions, <= API54 no longer accepted.
- Resource-finder: added thumbnail scanning, fanart, boxart (back).
- OSD keyboard: shift-states (case-sensitive), keyboard part can be hidden.
- Keyconfig: analog axis mapping requires new samples to deviate from previous ones.
- (primitive) color picker added.
- layout_editor.lua added.
- Thumbnail generation for GamesDB scraper (requires image magick rubygem, enabled on win32 distribution for now).
- Improved scraper naming accuracy (from terrible to slightly less terrible).
- Added primitive importers for MUPEN and VirtualBox (not currently usable though).
- new constants (MAX_SURFACEW, MAX_SURFACEH, NET_BROADCAST)
- new functions (net_push, net_listen, net_open, net_push_srv, net_disconnect, net_authenticate, net_accept, net_refresh, persist_image, capture_audio, list_audio_inputs, switch_theme, target_graphmode)